DATA PROTECTION AND LEGAL INFORMATION
Data processing is the responsibility of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Bonn and Eschborn, Germany
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40
53113 Bonn, Germany
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1 - 5
65760 Eschborn, Germany
Contact details of the data protection officer:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise for international cooperation. We work as a federal enterprise under private law. Our aim is to achieve the development-policy objective of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and conserving the natural resources on which livelihoods depend.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
When visiting the GIZ website, the browser used automatically transmits data that is saved in a log file. GIZ itself processes only the data that is technically required in order to display the website correctly and to ensure its stability and security. The data in the log file is deleted after five days. There are no analytical cookies. There are technical cookies only.
A detailed list of the data stored is:
There is only one cookie named session. This cookie stores session unique id.
GIZ is obliged to store the data beyond the time of the visit in order to ensure protection against attacks against GIZ’s internet infrastructure and federal communications technology (legal basis: Article 6 (1) e GDPR in conjunction with Section 5 of the German Act on the Federal Office for Information Security (BSIG). In the event of attacks on communications technology, this data is analysed and used to initiate legal and criminal action.
Data that is logged when accessing the GIZ website is only transferred to third parties if there is a legal obligation to do so or if the transfer is necessary for legal or criminal prosecution in the event of attacks on federal communications technology. Data will not be passed on in any other cases.
A form is provided on the GIZ website to enable you to contact us electronically. When you use the contact form, we process your name, email address and additional personal data provided in the enquiry. The processing is based on consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) a GDPR and for the purpose of processing your request.
By activating the checkbox and submitting the contact form, the user agrees to the transmission and storage of his or her personal data. It is possible to cancel the process of filling out the contact form at any time. Data is only transmitted if the form is sent. Queries transmitted using the contact form are deleted will be deleted after the purpose has been reached.
”An SSL-encrypted connection is used to transmit the data to GIZ.
Recipients of Personal Data
• Data are not passed on to third parties
• As a general principle, data will not be transmitted to third states
Duration of Data Retention
Personal data are regularly deleted when:
• they are no longer needed for contractual purposes (e.g. for employment, top-ups, rental, sale or service contracts)
• when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation
• when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired
• No Matomo logfiles
Reference to user rights
Visitors to this website have the rights:
- To obtain information about their data stored by us (Article 15 GDPR)
- To have their data stored by us rectified (Article 16 GDPR)
- To have their data stored by us erased (Article 17 GDPR)
- To obtain restriction of processing of their data stored by us (Article 18 GDPR)
- To object to the storage of their data if personal data are processed on the basis of the first sentence of Article 6 (1) 1 f and e GDPR (Article 21 GDPR)
- To receive their personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format from the controller such that they can be potentially transmitted to another controller (right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR).
- To withdraw their consent to the extent that the data has been processed on the basis of consent (Article 6 (1) a GDPR). The lawfulness of the processing on the basis of the consent given remains unaffected until receipt of the withdrawal.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the GIZ data protection officer (see contact information provided above). You also have the right in accordance with Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The competent authority is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).